Omit Limitation is a Toronto creative collective who are driven to provide a unique look into Toronto’s underground art scene through multiple channels – producing online content, hosting intimate events and running our own collaborative art space (Blank Canvas Gallery). We’re looking to grow the O.L. fam and expand our editorial team with authentic voices that are excited about highlighting emerging artists, exploring new subcultures and sharing what inspires them.
We’re looking for volunteer writers who are able contribute either weekly or bi-weekly, and will be writing about the following topics:
- Artist/Creator Profiles – becoming familiar with the people, techniques and thinking behind the art.
- Opinion-Editorials – in-depth pieces focusing on Toronto’s music culture, art scene, social justice, etc.
- Event Coverage – Recaps of underground events happening all over the city, including OL’s very own Blank Canvas Gallery.
- Fashion/Art/Music Pieces – brand highlights, style posts, song premieres, etc
(Got something else you think people should hear – and you should be writing – about? Pitch it to us!)
We’ve started our first round of interviews – applications are due by August 19th, 2016. If you think you’d be a good fit for the O.L. team, please submit the following:
- Short description of your interests, goals, and why you’d be a good fit for the OL fam (1 paragraph.)
- A previous piece of writing (send us something you’re proud of!)
- 2-3 pitch ideas for articles you would like write with Omit Limitation – have a friend who’s an amazing artist, know of an underrated local rapper, or have a bone to pick within the City of Toronto? Help us help you spread the word.
Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com – if we like what we see, we’ll reply back within 48 hours asking you to book an interview time.
Please note that this is currently a non-paid position.
We also welcome one-time submissions from editorial writers and artists of all kinds who wish to showcase their work. If you won’t be able to contribute regularly but would like to get involved, be sure to hit us up at firstname.lastname@example.org.